The basic elements of the interactive installation are twelve cubes showing fragments of various city views of Bremen respectively on each side. There are sensors set into the cubes through which the foundation board of the installation recognises the point whenever the user has completed the puzzle to a full city view. Simultaneously to the completion of the picture the computer is showing exemplary data, pictures and the narration of a citizen. Construction and context of the images and narration are directly linked to the action of the user.
Artists / Authors
- Sophie Pester, Diploma-Thesis, Fraunhofer Institute for Media Communication
- Andreas Muxel, Programming, Fraunhofer Institute for Media Communication
- Jens Muuss, Interface elektronics and programming, Fraunhofer Institute for Media Communication
- Wulf Schnurrbusch, Video camera and cut
- Monika Fleischmann, Idea and Concept help, Fraunhofer Institute for Media Communication
Partners / Sponsors
This work was supervised and overseen by Monika Fleischmann and Wolfgang Strauss and it was developed in the MARS-Exploratory Media Lab at the Fraunhofer Institute of Media Communication. The installation is the practical part of the diploma, which was theoreticaly overseen by Diedrich Diederichsen at the Merz Akademie, University of Applied Arts.
Redaktion netzspannung.org, Oct 26, 2005
- artistic production
- interface |
- media art |
- urban space |
- identity |
- installation |