- › Flyer of the exhibition "Knowledge-Art from the eCulture Factory" [PDF | 588 KB ]
- › Image-Matrix with PointScreen 2006 © Monika Fleischmann, Wolfgang Strauss [JPEG | 4 KB ]
- › Semantic Map 2004 (part) © Monika Fleischmann, Wolfgang Strauss [JPEG | 20 KB ]
- › Wolfgang Strauss and Monika Fleischmann, ZKM 2007 [JPEG | 4 KB ]
- › Interactivity as Media Reflection between Art and Science. Monika Fleischmann, Wolfgang Strauss. In: The Art and Science of Interface and Interaction Design. Sommerer, Jain, Mignonneau (eds) 2008 [PDF | 3 MB ]
- › Fleischmann & Strauss - Presentation of projects 1989 - 2008 [PDF | 9 MB ]
- › Fleischmann & Strauss - Presentation of projects 1989 - 2008 - Cover Image [194 KB ]
- › Lecture of Dr. Söke Dinkla at the opening event (in German) [PDF | 77 KB ]
Images help us to understand complex information. Science uses images in order more easily to interpret future developments and to understand connections arising from measured data. Art invents ever-new forms, which allow the senses to experience abstract ideas and concepts. Knowledge Arts / Knowledge Archives links artistic strategies with scientific visualisation, so that we can better come to terms with the enormous amount of available electronic data. Knowledge-Art is defined as the play of knowledge in a world of science and serious data processors.
Knowledge Arts / Knowledge Archives introduces interactive installations and media performances using digital information, which arouse our curiosity, which give a good overview and which allow us to find items of interest more quickly. The exposure to digital information becomes an aesthetic experience.
Monika Fleischmann and Wolfgang Strauss, with their team, research and develop knowledge-media as work of art and as tool. Under the heading "information development", digital technology and artistic practices are applied to help discover hidden connections and to convey pictorial insights.
Artists / Authors
Partners / Sponsors
The first exhibition was directed by Monika Fleischmann + Wolfgang Strauss in co-operation with the Neues Museum Weserburg, Bremen. It was part of the event "eCulture Trends 06", which took place on 20th October 2006 in the "Bremische Bürgerschaft" [Building of the Bremen Parliament]. The second exhibition took place at Edith Russ Haus for Media Art in Oldenburg and the third was a longterm exhibition at ZKM.
Redaktion netzspannung.org, Nov 15, 2006
- cultural project
- culture mediation |
- representation |
- human-machine-interaction (HCI) |
- media art |
- public space |
- Graphical User Interface GUI |
- knowledge spaces
Additions to Keyword List
- Exhibition |
- Works |