The "Digital Sparks Matrix" is an interactive installation for browsing and researching all of the projects submitted to the competitions between 2001 and 2006. Through an image matrix, which serves as the graphic interface of the installation, each project is represented by an individual image. Information about the individual projects can be accessed using simple gestures: with a movement of the arm the viewer positions a virtual lens over the image matrix. If he or she points for a longer time at an image, a short film about the chosen project is started. This gesture-based, touchless interaction is made possible by the PointScreen technology, which the eCulture Factory especially developed for use in public spaces. The “Digital Sparks Matrix” is a spatial staging of digital information and presents, in exemplary form, an image oriented access to databases.
The installation is complemented by a web based DVD of the Digital Sparks image matrix. It serves as an information and research tool for artists, curators, exhibition organisers and media agents. The DVD contains videos and brief information on the authors, colleges, supervising college teachers, the title of the work, plus keywords relating to the project. Linked to the Internet platform netzspannung.org the visitor receives detailed information on the contents, technology and on the context of the development of the projects.
More => http://www.eculturefactory.de/digital-sparks-matrix
Artists / Authors
- Wolfgang Strauss, Konzept und künstlerische Leitung, Fraunhofer-Institut für Medienkommunikation
- Monika Fleischmann, Konzept und Projektleitung, Fraunhofer-Institut für Medienkommunikation › Biography
- Andreas Muxel, grafical interface programming
- Jochen Denzinger, grafical interface design
- Jens Muuss, technical development and programming, Fraunhofer IAIS, eCulture Factory, Bremen
- Predrag Peranovic, head of technical development PointScreen, Fraunhofer IAIS, eCulture Factory, Bremen
- Kolbeck Bernd, set-ut, Fraunhofer IAIS
- Rainer Liesendahl, coordinating installation set-up
- Ansgar Himmel, programming
- Oswin Schmidt, video editing
Partners / Sponsors
The „Digital Sparks Matrix“ was developed within the context of the eCulture Factory project on knowledge media and knowledge arts.
, Jun 8, 2006
- research project
- culture mediation |
- archive |
- human-machine-interaction (HCI) |
- information design |
- databank |
- knowledge spaces