- › Video Only - Virtual Striptease, Videodokumentation 01:54 min [RealMedia]
- › An electronic arena for participation in connected communities. Research project eRENA. Monika Fleischmann 2000 [PDF | 4 MB ]
- › Video Only - Virtual Striptease. Mixed Reality Inszenierung 1. © Monika Fleischmann, Wolfgang Strauss 1995 [6 KB ]
- › Video Only - Virtual Striptease. Mixed Reality Inszenierung 2. © Monika Fleischmann, Wolfgang Strauss 1995 [JPEG | 2 KB ]
- › Video Only - Virtual Striptease. Mixed Reality Inszenierung 3. © Monika Fleischmann, Wolfgang Strauss 1995 [JPEG | 81 KB ]
For the 1995 International Video Art Prize award ceremony at SWF in Baden-Baden, a programme was developed with the participation of the public, a presenter and a digital set design. The computer for the image background was situated in Bonn, while the blue stage with its dancers was located in Baden-Baden. The audience in the studio could use a revolving office chair to select whether they wanted to see the dance in the Bluebox or the mix from the computer.
Several dance performances were arranged to fit in with the sequence of events. For the individual scenes, a total of eight stage images were created and the live conditions of the television were adapted accordingly.
The actors and the public were in the blue-washed TV studio in Baden-Baden, while the virtual backdrops were provided in a digital studio in Bonn. Using broadband transmission (ATM), the camera images of the actors were sent to Bonn, grafted onto the virtual backdrops and then displayed in Baden-Baden without any perceptible delay. The public saw the actors on the empty blue stage juxtaposed against the large, projected mixed TV images.
Virtual Striptease - the first dance performance of the programme - was based on the perceived and actual presence on the virtual stage.
Artists / Authors
- Henry Schmidt, Stud. Mitarbeiter Zeremoniedesign, Hochschule für Bildende Künste Saar
- Benjamin Seide, Stud. Mitarbeiter 3D Design, Hochschule für Bildende Künste Saar
- Josef Speier, Datenmodellierung, GMD Forschungszentrum Informationstechnik - VMSD
- Wolfgang Vonolfen, Virtual Studio Software , GMD Forschungszentrum Informationstechnik - VMSD
- Ullrich Nütten, Virtual Studio Leitung, GMD Forschungszentrum Informationstechnik - VMSD
- Tänzer und Tänzerinnen, Performance, Saarländisches Staatstheater Saarbrücken
Partners / Sponsors
Südwestfunk Baden-Baden; Zentrum für Kunst und Medien Karlsruhe, Hochschule für Bildende Künste Saar, Saarbrücken
Redaktion netzspannung.org, Sep 21, 2001
- artistic production
- virtual studio
Additions to Keyword List
- Blue Box |
- TV |