The Project began July 4th 2001 and is still growing. It is realised mainly by one person, Tito Dupret.
T.D.: – "Creating a documentary image bank with panoramic pictures and interactive virtual reality films for all sites registered as World Heritage by the UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization)."
- "Dissemination of these virtual reality movies for documentation and promotion of the World Heritage."
- "Using multimedia techniques in an edutainment mode to raise awareness on the preservation of the World Heritage."
- "Promoting the notion of sustainable tourism in the head of local administration, tourists and travellers."
T.D.: – "Enhancing our knowledge of the world in order to improve tolerance amongst people. Promoting the values of peace and sharing the motto: "Tous parents, tous différents" ("Although not the same, we are all related").
- "Raising attention on our planet, comparable to a small garden that belongs to all of us. The WHTour would like to offer a permanent window to this garden, stressing the need for its care and attention."
- "I hope WHTour gives knowledge and gives the need to go on site for own
Public Reaction to the project:
T.D.: "Excellent reaction from web visitors and professional Virtual Reality world. Excellent feedback in the press (articles in New York Times last September and 3' subject to come on CNN international)."
Wish for the Future:
T.D.: "The luck and performance to document all World Heritage sites with the hope to share this visual experience with the largest audience possible, from children to researchers."